Wednesday, November 29, 2006

A Century!

I've cracked the ton! 101 pages into my novel and 62,191 words. I've almost completed chapter nine and the first two chapters have been posted to the site. There's a link to the right of the screen - joce's novel. If you read it, please leave a comment. Comments are open to anyone, you don't have to be a blogger, and I'd really love to hear what people think (be honest!) I'm not afraid of criticism, particularly if its constructive. I still consider the novel to be in draft form, so I expect to make revisions. If you have a suggestion you can comment or e-mail it to me. All reasonable ones will be considered, though I won't promise to write you into the story (have already received requests for this!) Maybe next time though.... Yes, I'm already thinking about new stories. I have an ideas worksheet called "a novel idea" - not terribly original, I know. Still, better than 'ideas for books', or something banal like that.

Mmmn, thinking of banal, where are all your haikus? I've only had one submission - check it out in comments (thanks Mike M). I've had good chats to a few friends lately too - but what about the rest of you? I can still count on one hand the e-mails I've received from my Aussie mates over the last two months - come on! Your lives can't be that boring, surely? Plus I'm on messenger and yahoo chat's now too - joce_pix (also my skype ID, but its not working yet). Technology isn't my strong point, I'm afraid, and my tech assistant is a long, long way away. (But thanks for all your help bro, I'm now enjoying Hustle, Spooks and Posh Nosh - "Next week we'll be showing you how to agitate and artichoke!")

Anyway, must go back to bed and try and get a bit of shut-eye before class. One of the apartments downstairs is being remodeled and they keep on waking me up at an ungodly hour. I'll have to ask my Japanese friends how to complain in Japanese!!

Jya'ne! <><

No comments: