Monday, November 27, 2006

A Haiku like you

So it's very early in the morning and I'm not sleepy - what better time to get poetic the Japanese way?? Haiku is a form of Japanese poetry consisting of 17 sylables over three lines 5-7-5... Please post your contributions too - its easy once you know how. And I've changed my settings so that anyone can post comments now - SO NO EXCUSES!

Here's one for all my slacker friends....

Why don't my friends write?
Have they forgotten Jocelyn?
Outta sight, outta...

And a seasonal one....

Leaves are turning brown,
And falling on the cold ground.
Grey skies, cold wind, rain.

And one about someone I know very well...

Wandering around lost
Is how she likes to be found
The right way's always wrong.

And one for my homesickness...

I think of my home
Among green trees and good friends
I miss the laughter

See, it's so easy! Give it a try, I'm looking forward to seeing your creations... <><

2 comments:

Joce said...

Mike M sent this to my e-mail (I don't think he knows how to post a comment, cause its so hard and all!!) ;)

Washer does not drain
the tub spins but water stays.
Check these: belt, pump, drain.

& it even rhymes! On ya Mike, keep 'em coming folks!! Don't be outdone....

Anonymous said...

below not haiku
merely hokku from haikai
if like ask for more :-)

GJ
------

land of breaking dawn
posts and pictures blossom on
space to which we're drawn