Thursday, November 09, 2006

Galavanting Around...

I had most of last week off so I took the opportunity to do a bit of sightseeing around the Kansai district.

Last Friday, two of my students took me to Kyoto - we visited the very famous Kinkaku-ji (Golden Pavillion) and also the bamboo forrest and a couple of shrines in Arashiyama. It was very crowded as it was a lovely day and a public holiday, but the gardens were still very peaceful. Kinkaku-ji was not as big as I had imagined, and this time I had my new camera in tow so next time I blog I will post a couple of photos!!

On Monday my four Friday class ladies (these are all oba-chan) took me to Osaka-jo and lunch at an Indian Cafe. There was a chysanthemum festival in the castle ground and there were some mightily impressive specimens - unfortunately my photos didn`t work, so you`ll just have to take my word for it. There were bonsai ones and giant ones (like 50cm diameter one bloom!)

Next, I hope to visit Nara. There is another public holiday on the 23rd of November. I just need to find myself a guide... I don`t have any extra students yet unfortunately, but progress continues on my novel. Its now over 70 pages and 46,000 words. It is getting exciting as I approach the climax, hopefully its not total crap, perhaps we shall see. Let me know if you are interested in reading it and if I get enough interest I will post a link.

Well, its getting late and I stayed up waaaay too late last night so that`s about it for me today....

ジャマタネヌ

3 comments:

Phili said...

Hey Joce - loving reading what you are up to and I would also be very interested in reading your novel!!

Gaynor said...

Great about your novel. Yeh, I want to read it! Can't wait. Hope you are able to get a guide for your trip. I'm sure many people will want to take the lovely Jocelyn out with them! Talk soon. Lovingly, Mum xxxxxx

ali said...

Hi Joce! Lovely to keep up with your news. My blog does not get updated very frequently unfortunately. I need to get more creative! Thunder storm in Adelaide today - feels like the monsoon! Hot, muggy and over cast. I would love to read your novel. What is it about? I think you would write a brilliant story. Baby not here yet. Remains breech (bum first) which is a little bit worrying, but I'm trusting God. love you lots, ali xx