Thursday, May 20, 2010

Ready for juicing...?!

I'm so excited!

Only one more sleep and The Emerging Writers Festival begins here in Melbourne.  The first week is peppered with activities in and around the city - forums, workshops, book lauches, etc... Then the piece-de-resistance... The Town Hall Program!  Two full days to soak up all things writing, and the best bit... the cost is kept low to accomodate poor emerging writers (like me!).

Another plus will be that I'll have a friend this year, not that I won't make a couple along the way like last year, but this year I have my good friend Cheryl joining me from Adelaide.  Us two have long held a common interest in arty, scholarly kind-of-things.  I'll be joining her in Adelaide next month for more festivals (of a more frivolous nature!  I shall reveal more in time...)

Ready for juicing means that I'm ready to get my creative juices flowing.  I've already started to put a bit of a business plan together (to enact when I return from the continent in a few months time.)

I've got a really good feeling about this year.  I'm not going to let the flame dwindle to a pilot light, but keep the gas connected in a steady stream.  I hope to make enough connections that the motivation will keep on coming.

I just can't wait!!! tootles xo

1 comment:

GAYNOR RIDLEY said...

Have fun! You are right to say that to stay motivated you need a like minded group of people around you. I found this with the course I did and I haven't done any writing since! Seems such a shame. Hope it meets all your expectations and that you meet lots of lovely new friends. Big hug, Mum xx oo