Friday, May 14, 2010

...Baby it's cold outside!

Well our delayed-Autumn has hit it's stride this week with a wintry kind of bite to the air and cloudy, soggy short days.  It puts me in mind of a few tunes... (nothing new there)

Autumn Leaves is one of my favourites and among my standards, I'll sing it at any opportunity, but it is pictorial present at the moment.  Especially as I took a little trip up to the hills last Sunday.

My mood seems to have gone the way of the weather.  Too many unaswered job applications, and not enough to keep me busy.  I have a plan... but not the funds to put it into action - grrr... the frustrations!  Maybe I'll buy a lottery ticket this weekend... nah, still, what I couldn't do with a cool couple of mill.... dreams!

Now it's Friday, and as I listened the an inspiring "conversation hour" on the radio another of my favourite Jazz standards punctured the conversation between guests... Baby It's Cold Outside... so cheeky!

I'm feeling a little more chipper as the week ends and the weekend approaches... mmmn, questionable sentence structure there... sorry, but you get what I mean, I'm sure.  It's shaping up to be another fairly busy one with catch-ups, parties and churchy activities.  I also had a lovely evening with friends last night, always helps. 

So, rug up, don't forget the umbrella and enjoy your weekend (If you're North of the Equator, perhaps a hat is more de-riguer!)

I'll post some pics next week, promise!

1 comment:

Gaynor said...

It has turned cold here again as well! Can't believe it. I put my overcoat on again after a month of not wearing it. Ridiculous. Just hope the rain stops! All the best for a happy weekend and also good job hunting. Anything would be good at this stage!!
My love,
Mum xx