Monday, May 10, 2010

All This Time

I had a really full-on weekend, lots of fun, but was exhausted today and didn't get a whole lot done... I helped a friend to celebrate her birthday on Friday night, we're both massive karaoke fans so I'm afraid we rather hogged the mic!  I over indulged, so spent a lot of Saturday feeling a little poorly, but recovered enough to sing a lot more karaoke (without the need for sharing!)

I met a lot of my friends church pals on Friday night.  They were all talking about the launch of a new service at a central Melbourne cinema, so I decided to go along an check it out.  It was a very encouraging time and I made at least 5 new friends in the process... They're called City on a Hill (after Jesus quote from his Sermon on the Mount) and they have a cool ministry to the city's homeless called Many Rooms.  I'm thinking of getting involved in that too.  It's right up my alley really.

All these thoughts of serving are inflamed by a favourite album of mine that I was also listening to yesterday.  Although its not Wednesday I thought I'd share my current favourite track off the album with you.  It's called All This Time... hence the title of my post today.

All This Time

I'm a father and a son; I've been a lover with just one,
But this world can get me all undone,
And I'm frightened I'm the only one.
I wrestle with the thoughts I keep,
If I sow the seed of arrogance then it's loneliness I'll reap,
It's loneliness I'll reap.

Please don't leave me stranded here,
With a head of lies and a heart of fear.
My life's a show on Gods TV,
The world an audience, watching me.

So wake me, shake me, keep me sharp,
As I touch the power of Gods great harp.
And this world can fill your head with praise,
That steals me from eternal grace.
So how can I serve God and wealth?
I can captivate an army, but I can't control myself.
I can't control myself.

Ghostly figure out at sea, I hear a voice that's calling me,
To walk upon the waves of faith.
For in the arms of God, I am safe.

All this time, since the day that I was born,
I've never known a time like this,
I don't wanna let you down.

I will sing, sing for your light has come.

Written by Delirious? 2005 Curious? Music UK

This Album (Mission Bell) is a little dangerous really, it gets me all motivated to get out there and do something to demonstrate my faith.  I've been putting a lot of consideration lately into what I want to do with my life.  Like, do I want to study more, etc... I do feel like I'm leaving behind a period of exploration and finding out who I am and who I want to be, now it's really time to do something with all that.

Of course, I still need a job, to be able to support myself, but I'm also excited by the new directions that my faith is taking me.  I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

Gaynor said...

Glad you had fun at Karaoke at Tracy's Birthday. Hope all goes well for a good week. I enjoy Delirious. Remember Dad went to one of their concerts last year! Bit loud he said!! Stood the whole time. Much love, Mum xx

Pat said...

Your life is forming and beginnning the next phase. I feel very proud of you, you recognize each step you are to take, then boldly take it. Trusting in the Lord to guid you path..it's wonderful!