Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad


It's really quite hard to describe how I feel about my Dad today.  There's quite a lot of pain associated with the word at the moment.

Ever since I can remember we've enjoyed a special understanding.  I guess its because we think in a very similar way.  We're both dreamers, idealists, thinkers, creative.  We both love to sing (I remember trying so hard - in vain- to sing louder than my Dad as a kid!)  I think it was Dad that first showed me how to sing in harmony.

We both seem able to irritate Mum in the same way!

I also remember sitting on the back of his bicycle and cycling around Melbourne (fast)

I remember snuggling up to his snoozing form on the couch late at night... and quizing him on the program on telly.

My Dad is such a special man.  He's sure had his share of ups and downs over the years, especially in this decade, but he seems to face it all with optimism and determination.  Its a constant inspiration and reminder to keep on keeping on.  It reminds me of the lyrics from a favourite Christian artist, Michael Card:

From you I learned the kind of faith

That looks up to the mountains

From you I learned just what I'd like to be...

I hope you're having a great day Dad, you deserve to feel so special!

All my love, Joce xo xo

1 comment:

Gaynor said...

Thankyou Jocelyn for your very kind words. You are a very special daughter to have. I have had a wonderful birthday (one to remember) spent with Gaynor and 2 very good friends.

Lots & lots of love, Dad