Saturday, December 09, 2006

Two weeks and counting!

Doesn't time fly? I've been here in Japan nearly three months already and its gone by in a flash. I've really enjoyed my time here but now the time for packing up and saying farewell is upon me. There are a couple of classes that I will only take one more time and most of my students are preparing little farewells for me. I hope they don't shower me with gifts because I doubt I'll be able to fit them in! I am sending some of my stuff ahead of me so that I don't exceed my baggage limit. I also have to book my fare to Tokyo. Its all excitement...!!

I'm really looking forward to seeing my parents. They've been in Germany since March and are really progressing well in their new ministry. It will be good to meet all the people I've heard so much about. (If you want to know more, check out my Mum's blog - gaynor's world, the link is on my link list.) I am also looking forward to catching up with many more of my Aussie, well, Melbourne really, friends in Switzerland for New Year's. I'll be holed up in a chalet in the Geneva mountains - jelous?? I'm hoping to learn to ski or skateboard and my greatest wish is to skate on a frozen lake....

Of course, you will be able to follow all my adventures here. I'll be posting some more Japan photos soon too, so watch this space. I think I've mentioned it before, but the Japanese love any excuse to decorate so the streets and shops are looking very colourful with Christmas decorations.

Well, its past my bed time and I need my beauty sleep, so Oyasumi-nasai... till next time....

1 comment:

Gaynor said...

Oh...so exciting! You will be sad to say goodbye to all the lovely people you have met....but we want a share of you as well. Can't wait and am already wondering what to cook for your first meal with us. Silly, isn't it?
Your Loving Mum xoxoxoxox