Thursday, September 28, 2006

Conichiwa!

For the uninitiated - that is hello [or good afternoon] in Japanese.... Life continues on apace here in Osaka - I'm currently installed in an internet cafe in Tenoji and I'm fast running out of time.... I'm falling into a rhythmn of classes and life here and have pretty much settled in. I have even found Kellogs Corn Flakes [but no vegimite, and I forgot my tube...!] I have classes four nights a week and also four mornings a week and four afternoons - though I teach on five days, work that one out!! Today I teach in Noda [every other day at the Lighthouse school in Sakai] so I stop off in Tenoji on my way.

What else.... well, I've updated myself on all the important Aussie news - West Coast will play Sydney in the Grand Final and Adam Goodes won the Brownlow. There are only 9 idols left - goodbye Reigan and the country chick who's name escapes me... and My little sister has bought a house [to see a pic check out her blog at
http://glendajayne.blogspot.com] She beats me yet again, I'm guessing that by the time I see it there'll be little pitter patters on the lovely polished floorboards and only one spare room!! Good on you guys it looks a picture and I can imagine your guys living it large there... ;}

Not much else to report at the moment - only a little Japanese queerity - Only ladies qualify for cheap tickets on discount movie day!! It's called Ladies Day here and it on a Wednesday. Movies are expensive in Japan - 1800 yen, but on Wednesdays only 1000 for the ladies!!

Jyamatane [ciao for now] ... Joce <><

No comments: