Friday, August 18, 2006

Markets and marmalade....

Friday is outing day at my work and we went to the Queen Victoria market. I was scouting hard for Seville Oranges to make my Grandmother's special marmalade... High & low, organic & ordinary... I was starting to worry I would never find them when.... There they were a little sign reading "MARMALADE ORANGES" With relief I purchased a big bag - I wonder if they let you send marmalade to Europe - they confiscated my pepper in customs. That's why my birthday present from Mum in Europe took 3 months instead of 3 weeks!!
Only 10 days of work to go and I'll sneak off early today so I can pick up my car. Then I'll drop by the shops on the way home & cook up a quick loaf of bread and chocolate pudding for dinner tonight. I am going to my brother's house....
Tomorrow I'm heading down to Geelong with a couple of girlfriends to watch my beloved Cats for the last time... 'Tis hard saying goodbye to all I know and love about Melbourne...
Ciao for Now
Joce <><

No comments: