Wednesday, October 08, 2008

Musing ;)

I've had quite a bit of spare time the last few days, which has left me with plenty of space for musing... thought I'd post a recent poem for you, you can read it while listening to this fave track of mine from Muse... just to keep with the theme ;)

Untitled #1

Tonight I am long
I am long and I’m longing
My toes reach the end of my bed

Tonight I am thoughts
I am thoughts and I’m thinking
The ideas come from my head

Tonight I’m awake
I’m awake and I am waking
And the dawn is ahead

Tonight I am words
I am words and I’m sentences
And all the things I’ve never said

Tonight I am lost
I am lost and I’m losing
And almost ready to be led

Tonight I am love
I am love and I’m loving
And the blood in my veins is red

Tonight I am here
I am here and I’m hearing
But I’d rather be asleep instead

Tonight I am a leaf
I’m a leaf and I am leaving
To you I’ll be as one dead
JMR 27.8.08


I know! (I can hear you *sigh*) I just can't help myself, can I, & am feeling so clever now I've worked out how to embed speccie content. Tis reassuring that I'm not a total luddite!


3 comments:

Dee said...

Thoughtful poem Joce, well done.
Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier in the week.

Katy said...

Hi there, visiting from Where the blog are you, i have put up my own list of "Things That I Love" inspired by your post! Love the honesty of your blog, congrats on being featured.

Gaynor said...

Good to see that creative side again my darling.