Friday, October 24, 2008

Don't drink coffee...

After 8pm!!!!

So, I was out with friends this evening, and we had dinner at a cute little place on High St in Northcote and then went to a Chocolatier for our dessert.  I was going to eat chocolates, so I decided to have a coffee... BIG MISTAKE!  I don't normally drink coffee anyway, so who was I fooling!!  Luckily I don't have to be anywhere much tomorrow, so I can sleep in, though my housemates have a nasty habit of turning on the TV (next door to my room) early-ish in the morning.  I'm very anti watching telly in the morning, a good habit taught by my dear Mum (thanks Mum, inane morning TV chat shows are the worst, especially when you're still trying to sleep!!!)

Well, after that we went to our musical comedy gig at the NSC.  So love that venue, its my second visit in six days... Once again we skipped the support act.  It was a spoken word artist this time.  I wouldn't have minded catching it, but I was strongly outvoted, hence the coffee mistake!  Should have had a hot chocolate and the lemon tart!

Ahhhh well, we live and well, sometimes learn! ;)



7 comments:

Gaynor said...

Oh Dear. Boy do I know how you feel. I've done that a couple of times (never learn), thinking, ah, for a coffee!!
Hope you have a great Friday. I've baking, baking, baking (and it smells delicious).

Joce said...

Wish I was there to help you! I'm thinking that by the time they've invented a teleporting device, I may have even saved up enough for one!!!

Lilly said...

I so know what you mean about the whole coffee thing! I get tempted think it will be ok then pay the price. But how was the chocolate? Hope you get to sleep in. I am all over TV fullstop these days. Ahve a great weekend! And thanks for your comment on Des' post - he should have anther one early next week - he has to pace himself!

Pat said...

Loved that cartoon! I had one of those nights last night, not from coffee, but a mind that wouldn't shut off. Think I'll just read God's word and calm my over worked mind down a notch or two. In the Word there is peace.
Blessings!

June Saville said...

Everywhere I go today Jocelyn I come across the temptations of chocolate! And me trying to give it up.
Dropped in to say congratulations on the win on WTBAY ...
Cheers
June

Leslie said...

Hi - how's your week going? :)

June Saville said...

Thanks for following Journeys in Creative Writing Joce.
Cheers
June