Wednesday, April 23, 2008

bits and pieces

Ah, the new bed is SO GOOD I could stay in it forever... if only!! Even the unemployed like me can't stay in bed all day, no matter how much I'd like to, oh well....

Our washing machine is still on the blink so I have to find a laundromat today. Its such a pain, but there's no way out, so to the laundromat I will go. That's for later though.



For now, the job hunt continues. I didn't get the Salvos job :( so I continue seeking. I think I really will have to try and get a decent temporary job before I can get something permanent. Its a real pain, but my references just aren't doing me any favours, I think that is the main thing that's letting me down at the moment. Its very disheartening, when you put so much work into your application and presenting yourself well in the interview, but I'm sure I'll find something good sooner or later. Meanwhile I have time to dedicate to my writing, and even a bit of art. It keeps me sane, and not just at home watching daytime TV and dulling the brain! I read a lot too - can handily be done in bed!! ;)



I have also registered for unemployment benefits, so they will start in a few weeks time and will help with my budget. I just hope I don't have to go to too many of their meetings, its not like I don't know how to find a job, I've done it that many times!



Well that's all for now, my feet are getting cold so I'm off to find myself a pair of socks!

2 comments:

GAYNOR RIDLEY said...

Now I've caught up on some of your news! Sorry you didn't get the Salvo's job though. Would you consider doing some volunteering for them to get a foot in the door? Lots of prayers and love coming your way my darling.
Your Mum xo xo xo xo

Pat said...

Landing a job can be difficult, don't be discouraged, I'm sure yours is right around the corner.
I LOVE your new bed..and that bedding is FAB! I love just a tiny bit of Asian influence when I decorate, and what you've chosen is beautiful..good job!
Now go put on a pair of sock and warm up those cold feet!
Blessings!!