Thursday, April 10, 2008

time for a laugh :D

Seeing as Melbourne is still immersed in the annual Comedy Festival and my friends have been sending me funny jokes, I thought I would post a couple for you all to enjoy.

Remember that laughter is the best medicine!!

Going to Israel

A Jewish businessman in Chicago sent his son to Israel for a year to absorb the culture.

When the son returned, he said, "Papa, I had a great time in Israel. By the way, I converted to Christianity." "Oy vey," said the father. "What have I done?"

He took his problem to his best friend. "Ike," he said, "I sent my son to Israel, and he came home a Christian. What can I do?"

"Funny you should ask," said Ike. "I too, sent my son to Israel, and he also came home a Christian.. Perhaps we should go see the rabbi. "

So they did, and they explained their problem to the rabbi."Funny you should ask," said the rabbi.. "I, too, sent my son to Israel, and he also came home a Christian. What is happening to our young people?"

And so they all prayed, telling the Lord about their sons.

As they finished their prayer, a voice came from the heavens: "Funny you should ask," said the voice. "I, too, sent my son to Israel...."



Pastor's Business Card

A new pastor was visiting in the homes of his parishioners. At one house it seemed obvious that someone was at home, but no answer came to his repeated knocks at the door.

Therefore, he took out a business card and wrote 'Revelation 3:20' on the back of it and stuck it in the door.

When the offering was processed the following Sunday, he found that his card had been returned. Added to it was this cryptic message, 'Genesis 3:10.'

Reaching for his Bible to check out the citation, he broke up in gales of laughter. Revelation 3:20 begins 'Behold, I stand at the door and knock.' Genesis 3:10 reads, 'I heard your voice in the garden and I was afraid for I was naked.'


Hope you liked them! Feel free to post your comic suggestions in the comments....

2 comments:

Pat said...

What a great way to start my day - with laughter! Those were great jokes!
You're a girl after my own heart, how I love to laugh!!
How's the job hunting coming along?

GAYNOR RIDLEY said...

Thanks for the laughs darling. We did enjoy the jokes.