Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Things I love

  • My family - Mum & Dad & my brothers and sisters
  • My Church family
  • Singing praises to God
  • Just singing in general
  • Listening to loud music, especially when its live!
  • Sleeping in
  • Watching the footy (especially when my team is winning, Go Cats!!)
  • The smell of the earth and trees after rain
  • The changing colours of autumn
  • Soaking in a hot bath (with a good book)
  • reading in bed
  • reading out loud to my mum
  • catching up with friends for coffee, beer, whatever...
  • watching good movies
  • going to the theater
  • Performing on stage! ;)
  • distilling all my thoughts into a succinct poem
  • Writing and receiving letters (haven't done enough of this lately, e-mail has practically killed the art of the letter)
  • Opening packages/presents
  • Giving presents, especially unexpected ones
  • Picking flowers
  • Going for long walks
  • Catching the tram or train (just not in peak hour or after the footy)
  • Puppies
  • Having a great big belly laugh :D
  • Seeing friends and family you haven't seen for a long time
  • Family reunions (see above, not so much fun at funerals, weddings are better!)
  • Arriving at your destination (though the journey can be fun too)
  • Long bus rides (I've written some of my best poetry on the bus)
  • Road trips (with all the trimmings)
Oh, I'm sure there are so much more things to love, but that's probably enough for now. What do you love? Do you thank God for these things when you get to enjoy them? I know I do, but probably not often enough....
Love to all of you out there in cyberspace.... let me know your thoughts. xo

7 comments:

Leslie said...

Hello! Lovely to meet you and I enjoyed reading your Meme. :)

Anonymous said...

Dropping in via WTBAY. I enjoyed reading the list of the things you love :)

Swift Jan said...

HI from WTBAY!

You have a long list! How wonderful :)

Dee said...

That is a great list. I think I can apply most of them to me too.
Go Cats!

Louisa Claire said...

Morning Joce! Great list indeed!

Le said...

hello there - enjoy your WTBAY day - hugs le

Hippomanic Jen said...

I'm catching up on all the blog reading that got ahead of me during my big week last week. It's lovely to see that you have so much to be thankful for.