Monday, May 19, 2008

Dad


Today is my Dad's birthday, so its my opportunity to tell everyone how much I love him. I've always gotten along well with my Dad, and even if we don't completely understand one another, I think that we are kindred spirits. I've spent many memorable times with my dad, perhaps especially on our road trip from Adelaide to Darwin. I was just becoming a teenager, and it was so special to spend that time in the open country with my dad. I remember him reading us stories. He had a great reading voice, and he can really bring the text alive. He's also preached some very memorable sermons.
Dad you are a thinker, always considering things carefully and I am grateful for your wise counsel and encouragement over the years.
Dad you are enthusiastic for life and ready to face its challenges, you have always inspired me.
Dad, you get alongside others, befriending them, mentoring them and bringing them home.
Dad you are gentle and considerate - the diplomat of the family, I hope that I have learned from your example.
Dad, you enjoy getting involved, are not shy to try new things, and follow the Father's leading, wherever he takes you. May he continue to bless you abundantly for your faith in him.
I love you, Dad.

2 comments:

GAYNOR RIDLEY said...

Thank you darling.

Your Dad xxxx

Pat said...

What a treasure - you are a blessed child to have such a wonderful Dad.
Happy birthday Roger!
Jocelyn - I love your new picture!!