Thursday, May 15, 2008

For Dad and Mum

I love my Mum and Dad. The way they've stood together all this time. It hasn't always been smooth sailing, but they've held on tight.

I love the way they allow each other the space each needs. A time to speak and a time to listen, and even times to be a part, and then together again.

I love the way they make a great team. With complementing strengths that balance out the weaknesses.

I love the way they brought up their children to love their Father, just as they do, but free enough to find our own way.

I love their courage in adversity, their determination to see it through, and I'm sure they'll make it to the end, for their Father loves them, even more than I do!

Happy Anniversary Dad and Mum, here's to 32 great years together, cheers!! xo xo

2 comments:

Gaynor said...

Now I'm a bit teary! Thank you darling Jocelyn. That sure does about sum us up - nicely done!! See, I told you, you have a special way with words.

Love, your Mum, who really does miss those times on the bed being read to, but I'm a patient lady and will wait for another opportunity!! xxxxxxxxxxxx

Pat said...

Oh how beautiful!
Happy belated anniversary wishes to a very special couple!