Thursday, December 01, 2011

Up in the Air

My life is all a bit up in the air at the moment... both literally and metaphorically.  I'm in the throws of moving house at present to no fixed abode.  I reality I will be helping to take care of my Dad in Perth, but I'll be living out of a suitcase in various places so not fixed there either.


I'm not a huge fan of all this uncertainty.  In many respects I've been here before, but I've never waited for someone this close to be to be called home.  It is hard to watch my Dad fading away and I hope it doesn't drag out too long for all our sakes.  He's had a good and fruitful life with much to thank God for, so I will have to keep that in mind all the time.

I'm really going for Mum's sake, so I hope I can be all that she needs at this time.  Not that I can hope to fill in all the gaps, but I'm going to need all the strength I can get.  So if you're of the praying inclination, that would be much appreciated.

I intend to return to Melbourne sometime in the New Year and take up that Millinery course at TAFE.  Can you see me as a Milliner?  In my wildest dreams I'd love to spend a year or so in Paris honing my craft, wouldn't that be something?!

Its at these times in life when our dreams are really important.  We all need something to look forward to.  Christmas for my family this year won't be as joyous as usual, but we knew that was always going to be on the cards.  None of us looks forward to saying goodbye to a loved one, but I just want to do it well.

I'll keep you in touch with my adventures as they come....

1 comment:

Pat said...

You are such a good daughter, you mothers welfare is so important. She needs you so much right now, and words can't express how much comfort you will bring to her. I couldn't have gone through what I did with my Mother's passing without my girls by my side.
I would love to see you go to Paris and pursue your dreams! How exciting that would be. God can make a way if it's in his divine will!

Love you my granddaughter and will keep you all in my prayers!