Saturday, June 30, 2007

Saturday morning dreaming...



I think this picture below left is a good reminder of what inspired Australia's iconic painters.

I took it at the "destination" of a little bushwalk I joined in with at the beginning of this month.

Many of the older trees had obvious markings of previous bushfires, but there was also the bright new growth that came with the Autumn rains...

The dirt was quite clay/red (and hard) and the sky was a pale blue, with quite a bit of high cloud...

Because you can't smell it, or hear the birds and chatter of my fellow walkers.... I've attempted to embed a little tune that is a big favourite of mine.... let me know if it works!

Oh, and on the right, above is an example of one of the real paintings, please excuse the low quality. (Its called "Lost" and I'm very thankful for the well marked paths you can find in the parks managed by Parks Victoria, these days!!)


The song is Autumn Flow, artist is called Lior.

More exciting posts coming soon.... <><

4 comments:

Gaynor said...

AUSTRALIA! Captured in these lovely pictures - thank you Darling. No music however. Hope you have a wonderfully relaxing and "getting organized" weekend. Glad you like my shoes. Esther in Japan asked the same question "when am I going dancing!". With my love, Mum xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

Joce said...

the song might be on the Australia Day mix I did... there is at least one Lior song on there.. will send you another one soon... or listen to the CD I gave you for Christmas!!! Its not only Aussie, its "adult contemporary" and the moment he began to play I thought of you and those golden guitars we'll get to one day!!! (bring your dancing shoes baby!!)

PS altenately google Lior and you'll get to his myspace/itunes/video thing!! draft blogger isn't perfected yet! and I need more sleep.... T, C & BFN XxOo

Gaynor said...

Yep, golden guitars here we come. Just said goodbye to Bernhard and Lorraine and she was talking about Line Dancing!! NOT in my new shoes though! I wish I could 'call' bush dancing, that would be fun. Yep, early night for me too....T, C & BFN XxOo

Pat said...

I love that picture - just beautiful!!!
No music, only whats playing in my mind this time.
Your mother has some pretty fancy shoes, huh? I think they're beautiful!