Friday, March 23, 2007

Treading the boards.....


My church in Melbourne - St Jude's Carlton, puts on a musical every couple of years. I missed it the last time as it was put on 4 years ago, and I've only been a member 3 years! But, I came home from O/S just in time to audition and I'm playing Mary (that is Martha & Lazarus' sister). If you're in Melbourne I reakon you should come and see me be the 19 year old I never quite was... like, I'm trying to be a cool and groovy... and I get to sing as well as act. The Musical was written by talented members of our church too... plus, if you're the kind of person who skips church in favour of the comedy festival, then you can come in the first week of Easter to make up for not coming Good Friday or Easter Sunday!!! he, he, just jokes, but you might get to meet a Jesus you never knew.... Below is the blurb our publicity person wrote... Only 4 rehersals to go... don't worry we'll be great!! ;)



One Man Dies St Jude's Carlton presents 'One Man Dies', an Easter musical (based onthe international bestseller 'The Bible'). Come and see the events ofthe first Easter in a quality musical production. Whether you've heard the story thousands of times or you've never heard it before,you want to know more or you just like theatre productions, thismusical is for you and your friends. Invite your friends, and booknow!


Where: St Jude's Anglican church, Palmerston St, Carlton

When: April 2-6, 7:30pm

How much:Preview night April 2, all tickets $10 (check it out and invite yourfriends later in the week)Gala opening April 3, tickets $20 / 15 / 7 (black tie; refreshments provided) April 4-6, tickets $17 / 12 / 7Ticket bookings: Phone 0404 232 844, book at a Sunday service, or buy at the door

1 comment:

Pat said...

I would love to come see you in your Easter production - but I'm afraid it would be a bit of a trip!
Thanks for stopping by my blog today-I'm slowly getting over a cold and feeling better each hour.
I truly enjoy reading your mom's blog, she and your entire family seem so incredible.
Blessings!
Pat