Wednesday, October 25, 2006

How much is too much?

So I was taken to the biggest electrical goods store I`ve ever seen on Sunday afternoon - how big? you ask.... Well, not one floor, or two, or even three - yes, that`s right, FOUR floors of electrical goods!! One floor for mobiles and computers, one floor for televisions and stereos, one floor for cameras and one for white goods and massage chairs. (Yes, the massage chairs were good!) ;) So how much is too much? I was dizzy with massage chairs were good!) ;) So how much is too much? I was dizzy with choice, though incidently I still couldn`t find a transformer for my electrical cords ;) Thankfully friends are visiting next Sunday and they will look into my computer problem. I`d love to be able to use my computer at home....

Not much else to report really, my limited funds are limiting the excitement factor.... Still, I`m enjoying life here in Japan, I think it suits me & I have begun writing a story in my spare time. It is all in a handwritten notebook at the moment, but I`ll post a link to it once I start typing it up.

I visited a REAL Japanese church last Sunday and consequently barely understood a thing. Still it was good to share in fellowship with my Japanese brothers and sisters, and I met another Gaijin with limited Japanese (I`m not the only one! And he`s been here two years...!). I could join in with the hyms too as they were all written in Kana (that`s the Japanese script, which I`m fairly proficient in). The service was a lot more traditional than the one at Lighthouse too, but I will probably attend there about once a month as many of my students attend there and of course the people are lovely. I haven`t met an unkind Japanese person yet....

I am thinking of going out for Haloween... Well, its actually All Souls Day if you`re up with the Church Calendar. I found an Edward Gorey Calendar too - exciting, I have to return to the bookstore when I have enough funds to buy it! My mum bought me a set of Edward Gorey cards from the US a couple of years ago and I love them almost too much to use them!

Well, so much for today,

1 comment:

Gaynor said...

I love reading your blog darling. Keep it up. You write beautifully and I hang on every word! You sound very happy and contented, which is lovely to hear. Have a wonderful time this Sunday with Nabe and Naomi.
With my love, Mum xoxoxoxoxox