Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Getting Along....

Well, I've been here in Japan almost a month now and it has gone by so quickly. I'm fast getting used to life here in Japan and all too soon it will be over, I might have to come back next year...!!

I've found another internet cafe closer to home and this one is cheaper than the one I've been using in Tenoji and I get my own private booth!! I could get quite comfortable, what with the free ice-cream, drinks and soup as well!! It's great. Its still more expensive than in Australia, but you don't generally get free drinks in Oz....

I'm still enjoying my classes and hope to pick up a few more private lessons in conversation English. Check out
http://www.seekjapan.jp under classifieds for my add - "Learn English the Aussie Way!"

Also, if you're interested in helping women with breast cancer then go to
http://www.thebreastcancersite.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/CTDSites and follow the prompt.

Enough advertising, so what else have I been up to?

Well, one of my students took me to Osaka and I visited the museum dedicated to the memory of Japan's first medical doctor and Osaka Castle. I wish I had a camera so that I could post photos. I'd love for you all to see my little place and all the other places that I go.

I'm booked up for a visit to Kyoto on November 3rd - its a public holiday here, and I'm really looking forward to that. It will be with a couple of other students of mine. I am slowly developing some good relationships and hope to begin a bible class with another Aussie gal who is also here in Osaka - she arrived a couple of weeks before I did, but will be here for about a year.

I am seriously considering returning next year. I feel like I will have just become used to the place and comfortable and it will be time to go. It would be really good to develop some closer friendships, which takes a lot of effort with Japanese people. Everyone is friendly, just a little reserved.

Otherwise, I haven't been up to much over the last week or so, its been a while since pay day! ;)

Catch you all again soon... please send me an e-mail so I can hear what you are up to!


Jyamatane (see you later) <><

1 comment:

Gaynor said...

Love your ad. How exciting. Please let us know if you've had any responses. I read it out to Auntie Irene and she thought it was great (of course). She sends her love.
With my love, Mum xoxoxoxoxo