Wednesday, May 16, 2007

For My Parents


Happy Wedding Anniversary! Last year Dad was in the US, so they had to delay their celebrations, I wonder how they remember this special occasion today?
Will Dad mention his beautiful wife at choir practice? Special breakfast? Meeting up in Basel for a special little meal?
I know that they eat breakfast, and complete their morning routine, including prayer and bible study together most mornings. I was privileged to join them in this habit while I stayed with them.
I simply thank God that they have eachother, that they love him and us so much, and I ask that he will continue to bless them as they serve him in Europe.
I think they're great, and of course I miss them, but I also know that they are where God needs them, and this makes me thankful.
I love you both lots! xo xo
PS If you're wondering about the photo, it was taken in Melbourne when we were out for dinner as a family, probably about 2 years ago now.

3 comments:

Gaynor said...

Thank you darling Jocelyn for your lovely thoughts about us for our 31st Wedding Anniversary. It was hardly spent in style, sorry to say, though the team presented us with flowers and chocolate and a lovely card last night after our team meeting! We will celebrate some time soon!!
We love you heaps and of course miss you. Earl Grey tea? Yeh, I've just made another pot!!
Lovingly, Your Mum xo xo xo xo

Pat said...

What a lovely post to your parents - I have to say you are blessed to have such a wonderful family.
A very Happy Anniversary wish from me to the special couple - I'm sorry it's late, but still filled with love!

Gaynor said...

Where's my girl???? Hope you're happy, safe and well, darling Jocelyn. Love your Mum xo xo xo