Wednesday, July 22, 2009

(Inaugural) Song of the Week

I’m going to try and post my “song of the day” once a week… so here for you is my first song of the week.

Those of you who “know” me would know how much I love music and especially singing. For my first song (and one I’ve sung loudly several times this evening) I’m going back to a well-known gospel tune that I first leant to love as a member of a Christian Youth Choir in Adelaide… takes me back almost 10 years now… 

Anyway, here tis….

He Never Failed Me Yet!

Chorus
I will sing of God’s mercy
Every day, every hour he gives me power
I will sing and give thanks to thee
For all the dangers, toils and snares that he has brought me out
He is my God, and I’ll serve him
(No matter what the test) solo
Trust and never doubt
Jesus will surely bring you out
He never failed me yet!
Repeat Chorus

Verse 1 solo
I know God is able
To deliver in times of storm
And I know that he’ll keep me
Safe from all earthly harm!
One day when my weary soul is at rest
I’m going home to be forever blessed!

together Trust and never doubt, Jesus will surely bring you out
He never failed me yet!

Chorus

Verse 2 solo
Didn’t my God deliver Moses from King Pharaoh?
And didn’t he cool the fiery furnace
for Shadrach, Meshach, & Abednigo?
When I think of what my God can do
He delivered Daniel; I know he will deliver you!

together Trust and never doubt, Jesus will surely bring you out
He never failed me yet!

Chorus (then)

Bridge to end

He never failed me; he never failed me yet (builds x4)

Trust and never doubt, Jesus will surely bring you out (rit)

HE…. NEVER FAILED…. ME… YET!!!!

(add whoops, cheers, claps, stamps, whatever takes your fancy... just make it a joyful song of encouragement and praise!)

You can You-tube an example, but my favourite version is currently on high rotation in my car... (it's a cassette recording!)

Tschuss till next time! <><

4 comments:

Pat said...

Oh Joce, I have never heard this song, I You-Tubed it and I love it! I played it over and over! I wish I knew who has it on a CD, I'd go buy it!
I'm whoo-hoooing and singing for joy

Gaynor said...

Aren't you just absolutely gorgeous my very precious daughter. You bring love and joy to my heart and a smile to my face. I will you-tube it soon, just as Pat has done! If you're singing you can't be sad. If you're smiling you must be happy!

Phili said...

So lovely to be reminded of this great song!

Joce said...

Yes, it is a great tune... I loaned my tape to Ali & Hannah loves it too! (she asks for the e-very-day one) ;)
I'm going to try and get the tape put on to CD as it's fast deteriorating...
Now for this week's song....