Saturday, April 05, 2008

Job Hunting




Oh boy, do I need work! Keeping up with the Jone's aint all its cracked up to be. All I want is a bit of routine and stability in my life so the round-a-bout of job applications, interviews and finding reliable referees is in full swing. I worked most of last year as a temp/casual so it has been quite difficult to find referees. It is making the task just that little bit harder, I must admit. I'm also hoping to do some cleaning jobs in the meantime to tide me over, till I land the right job.


Well, I have another interview on Monday. This time with the Salvation Army, for a project worker position. I really hope it goes well. It sounds like a challenging job, but I'm sure the team would be a good one too. I'd appreciate you're prayers, and thanks to all those who have been praying for me recently. It hasn't been an easy last couple of months, but I'm getting through it with just a little help from my friends and family, and my Heavenly Father. What would I do without you all? It doesn't bear thinking about.






One of my friends has blogged recently about communities and what constitutes one. I think there's no better place to look than on Jesus and his disciples. Wasn't it in sharing together and meeting one another's needs? (See Acts 4, 1 Corinthians 11, etc). It was Jesus himself who fed thousands and began the Last Supper as the ultimate was of remembering his sacrifice for us. I'm cooking up a storm this afternoon. At my church we share lunch together after our Sunday service, and its my turn to provide. I think its a great way to share together and make everyone feel welcome. Don't you find that people "open-up" over food and drink? That's been my experience anyway, and who better to model ourselves on than Jesus himself? I'll leave you to think about it....

3 comments:

Gaynor said...

Lovely post darling. Very positive. You have many people who love and pray for you and that is such a blessing. You are always in my thoughts and prayers and I love you very much.
Mum xo xo xo xo

Pat said...

Dear Joce,
I will keep you in prayer as you search for a job - that the doors will close if the Lord says He has better in store for you and then He would swing open that door of opportunity that is exactally where He wants you.
I loved your last paragraph about sharing food and drink together. I must admit that is missing in my life, and I really need to have it restored again. No man is an island.
You are always an encouragement to me, may the Lord bless you and keep you!
Pat

Joce said...

Pat, you are always an encouragement to me too! Isn't it just great that we have a network of Brothers and Sisters all around the world and that we can share together via cyberspace? Our God is indeed great and we don't proclaim him enough in our mundane lives.
Blessings to you Pat,
Joce <><