Friday, May 27, 2011

Opening doors....

Hi eveyone!

Sorry I have been quiet of late... that's all about to change (starting today).  I've scored myself a job where blogging and facebook are not only allowed, but encouraged... how cool is that?!

I'm working for Wimdu Australia in their Melbourne office.  We find people who want to host temporary visitors in their spare rooms (or couches).  We get to know our hosts, take professional pictures of their places and advertise them on our website... all for free.  Then we screen potential guests, screen them and help them get in touch with you... beautiful!  I'll tell you more about it in the next post...

In other news... I have found myself a lovely new man.  We've been together almost two months now and I'm really enjoying getting to know him.  He owns a cool bar in the city, so if you're ever in Melbourne town and feeling a pit parched you should swing by!  Its called Troika and is open Tuesday to Saturday till late (he basically stays till the last punter leaves, so yeah... late!)  Its on Little Lonsdale St, up the Exhibition St end, and we've introduced mulled wine for the cooler months... its proving rather popular.  So hope to see you soon....

I'm just enjoying getting the most out of life at the moment and this weekend my favourite writers festival started so I'm going to be rather a busy gal.  Emerging Writer's Festival... one of the few festivals that really caters itself to writers rather than readers, with affordable prices too!  It is in its 3rd year and just keeps getting better with a broader variety of speakers and sessions and a great booklet put together post festival called The Reader... it keeps you inspired all the year through.

I'm still enjoying church, though I'm not such a regular at City on a Hill now.  I'm enjoying meeting regularly with my Mosaic friends, were really hoping to get a regular meeting going this year.  For now we're just enjoying lunch and prayer together each week... we shall see what God brings us.

I just love my city in Autumn and this year it is particularly beautiful.  All the rain we've had since last winter has made for a gorgeous Autumn colours show.  I've also been hanging out in the city a lot as that is where Paul is most of the time.  Getting to know how it all looks in the the middle of the night too... I love the nightlife!

So, keeping in touch from now on... stay tuned to share in all my adventures!  Tschuss till next time...

2 comments:

Gaynor said...

At last and well worth waiting for my darling daughter. Thanks for the post and I will look forward to your writings from now on. I do enjoy blogging and I must keep it up myself. We both sure do have the writer in us. It gives me a freedom I don't otherwise experience. Hugs, Your Beloved Mum xo xo xo

Cheryl F said...

Lovely to hear all your news Joc. Sounds like a great job! Something different and just so YOU. Hope it all goes well. For some reason, I can just see you hanging out in the city nightlife too! (how can that be?) Glad you're enjoying getting to know a new bloke. Have fun, live well, keep safe.