Friday, August 01, 2008

When opportunity knocks....


My life this year seems to be a series of downpours... (as in, "it doesn't rain when it pours"!) The year didn't begin all that well, what with a death in the family, a health scare and relationship failure... but now things begin to look up.


First I'm ordered into my Job Network provider to learn how to find a job (as if I need lessons, being so practiced in the process myself!!) but it opens the door to study, and I'm now completing a certificate in vocational training. This in turn leads to a job interview in the kind of role I never would have expected.


Then, to top it all off, I was at a party at my sister's last weekend, and now I'm being given the opportunity to become a rep for a reputable plastics company (and with no start-up costs!)


So now I just have to consider what to do next.... I'm praying that the Spirit opens (or closes) the right doors and that I consider my future with care and wisdom. I know where I'd like to be in a couple of years time, but is that where God wants me?


Watch this space and I'll let you know what happens next!

No comments: