Saturday, August 11, 2007

My Magnificent Mum!

Happy Birthday Mum!Ten things I love about my Mum...
  1. She writes the BEST letters
  2. She taught me to appreciate a good cup of tea
  3. The way she sings/whistles when she works around the house
  4. That she is always ready to welcome another to her table
  5. She has not let "age" catch up with her... ;)
  6. Her tasty, healthy, heartfelt cooking (I'm drooling just pondering it!)
  7. The way she falls asleep when I read to her in bed
  8. How she does everything she can to help her precious children (even from thousands of kilometres away)... and how she "adopts" all those without wonderful Mums like her!
  9. Her eye for beautiful things... like roses, pictures, scarves, shoes
  10. That she continues to love God, my Dad and me - and how she not only tells of her love but does it every day.

Five Things I would do for my Mum's Birthday (where's that warp switch??)

  1. Pick and arrange a fragrant and colourful bunch of flowers
  2. Dance around to Mum's latest favourite pop song/music
  3. Bake a fantastic layer cake with all the trimmings - passionfruit sponge anyone?
  4. Give her a manicure/pedicure, massage, whatever she wants to make her feel like a "million dollars"
  5. And finally ensure that she is wearing a splediferous outfit to go with those fantastic shoes (so she looks a million dollars too!)

Ah, instead my poor Mum had to suffice with an e-card, a phone call... and the package will get to you eventually (promise it will be worth the wait Mummy!!!)

PS Did you notice that her knuckes aren't white? Instead of singing another bad version of "Happy Birthday" how about this... can you remember the tune?

We've come a long, long way together/ Through the hard times and the good/ I have to celebrate you baby/ I have to praise you like I should....


2 comments:

Gaynor said...

Oh Darling, I think you're talking about someone else. I'm just me! I'm just your plain old Mum! Thank you for the very kind words. Yes, they did induce droplets of moisture from the eyes. You express yourself very well. THANK YOU SWEETHEART. Keep on keeping on and turning your eyes on Jesus.

Love you, Your Mum xo xo xo

Pat said...

What a beautiful tribute to a wonderful lady...I did not realize it was her birthday but want to send a very Happy Birthday greeting too!