Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Song of the week - On the Borderline

This week I turn to a new song... not sure I'll be able to get the lyrics so I'll just share the chorus that I like singing to myself.  Would make a good alarm clock song!  The song is by an Australian Independent Artist, Sally Seltmann, she used to be known as New Buffalo.

Get yourself up, get yourself up,
Get yourself out of it
This is a new day; this is a new day,
This is a new day today
Snapping your fingers, tapping your toes,
You were humming a tune
You know, you know
This is a new day; this is a new day,
This is a new day today


I like the upbeat tune and lyrics and it gets into my head, a pre-requisite for "song of the week" I guess.

I'm not fully enamoured with the current trend of female singers, they seem to share a breathy style that's not really my thing, but works here.  Sounds to me like a break-up song (a favourite category of mine!)  Not that I've had all that many break-ups, but they sure make for a good tune.  A lot of my favourite songs would fit into this category, and as I reflect I think the guys generally moan about their loss, while gals tend for a more optimistic note of moving on... I'm sure that's a grose generalisation, so feel free to prove me wrong!

I too feel a bit like I'm on a borderline... looking ahead to new horizons, not at all sure what is ahead.  There are many changes coming my way, some I look forward to, others, well... change and I have always had a fractious kind of relationship.

Today I'm putting a positive spin on things... getting myself up and remembering that it is a new day today.  How about you...?

Tschuss till next time xoxo

1 comment:

Gaynor said...

Getting myself up to go to the Dentist!! At least I know I will come home with clean teeth! I have some projects I have been putting off, so need to get on to them.
Take care my beloved. Your Mum xx