Saturday, January 09, 2010

Beginning

Next Tuesday I start a new job, in a new field and I'm both excited and a little nervous.  No bad thing I'm sure as it will give me the edge I need to put all my energy in the right place as I start and attempt to make a good impression!

I'm hoping that this will be a good year and it has begun well... though its only the second week of January, so there are another 11.5 months to go, and just as well.

Half-way through the year I turn 30, so not only is it a new decade as we go into the "teens" but I leave my topsy-turvey 20s behind too.  I didn't want to turn 30 last year, but on reflection I'll be glad to leave my 20s behind.  Just like the "roaring 20s" almost 100 years ago, mine seemed to be between two wars as well!  Life can be like that at times I guess, and I think I had a delayed adolescence as well.  I didn't have the chance to be rebelious and naughty in my teens, so keep it all up for my 20s.  At least I can say I've learned a lot... let's just hope I remember my lessons!!

Well, I just wanted to check in, 'cause I know I've been too quiet for a long while and you'll all have given up on me!  I'll make no committment to blog more regularly, though I will try.  For the next few weeks at least I'll be pouring myself wholeheartedly into my new job.  I'm to be an Educator with Alzheimers Australia.  It should be interesting if nothing else!

I hope that you enjoyed the festive season too... I spent lovely times with friends and family and tasting new experiences...  How about you? 

Ciao for now, see you again soon....

2 comments:

Gaynor said...

Oh goodie, I get to be the first person to comment on your blog for 2010. How lucky am I?!!
Lovely post darling and glad to see you are keeping it up. You have inspired me to do my blog too, sometime soon. All the very best for your new job. We'll be praying it is everything you have been looking for. Stay cool whilst we try and stay warm.
I love you so much, my precious daughter, Your Mum xo ox xo xo

Joce said...

Yes, I look forward to seeing what you have to say on your blog... keep it up darling Mum! xo