Wednesday, October 17, 2007

A Close Shave

The weather wasn't so good on Friday evening and I was tired and heading home from work. The car I was driving (a work car) had been playing up all afternoon, skidding when starting at traffic lights, etc, but that didn't prepare me for what happened next...


I had just turned from a side street into the main road and was picking up speed when the tyres span and skidded and I lost control of the vehicle. Thankfully I was alone, didn't hit any other cars and came to a stop after plowing through someone's fence and into a tree in their front yard.


I was able to drive the car safely around the corner and off the main street, which was wet and very busy. Then called the insurer and waited for a tow truck. Didn't have to wait long and the tow driver was kind and waited with me for my boyfriend to come and pick me up. I was pretty shaken but otherwise unharmed.


Below is a picture of the carnage that I took with my mobile phone. Thank goodness I had already dropped off the child I had been looking after that afternoon!


2 comments:

Gaynor said...

Oh you poor darling! How traumatic for you and what a shock! Hope you are feeling much, much better now. Not a nice experience. You are okay and that is the main thing. Glad the tow truck driver was nice to you.
I love you, Mum xo xo xo

Pat said...

That must have been very freightening...so glad you are ok.
God must have surrounded you with His angels so the only thing damaged was the vehicle!